Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

I found this recipe on someone’s blog (Gasp! Imagine that! I think it may have been http://crockpot365.blogspot.com ). I made it for supper Monday night with some changes.

In the bottom of your crock pot, place 1 large onion and 1 green pepper ( both sliced ). Trim a round steak and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add these to the crock pot. In a bowl mix together 1 regular size can cream of mushroom soup and 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with 1 tsp. grill seasoning and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours. The sauce makes a wonderful gravy and the meat is so tender. Serve it over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles with a green vegetable or salad.

I didn’t get it in the pot until 2 but I used a tenderized steak and only ½ green pepper and the onion and cooked it on high for about 4 ½ hours instead of all day on low. I used McCormick’s Grill Mates Spicy Montreal Steak seasoning but next time I would only use ½ tsp. or something without red pepper. I really liked it but Hubby thought it was a little too spicy. He’s a potato guy so I made mashed but I think it would be even better over wide noodles.

No comments: