Monday, May 4, 2009

Books I've read this week - Ready-Made Family

Since the weather has warmed up I haven't had as much time for reading. ( Had to get the garden planted and hit the flea market, ya know!) I did read Ready-Made Family by Cheryl Wyatt. This is a Christian romance and not my usual choice . I won the book from Cheryl's blog, http://www.scrollsquirrel.blogspot.com/ It's about a single mother, Amelia North, who gets stranded in the town of Refuge after a car accident. (I thought the name of the town was just a little bit too much) Amelia feels worthless having been disowned by her church after becoming an unwed mother and put down contantly by her father. She has been struggling to raise her daughter for the past 5 years and is on the way to a new job in another state when she wrecks her car. Ben Dillinger, a pararescue jumper, comes to her assistance. Ben helps her get her self-confidence back by treating her as a good Christian should. He falls for her precocious daugher, Reece, and is drawn to Amelia. Guess how it ends. LOL It was an easy read but very predictable.

No comments: