Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!




Ummm. Yesterday the house smelled like spices from the pumpkin pies and today the aroma is fresh baked bread. I think the smells of holiday cooking is one of the best things about it. They also bring back lots of memories from past years. My paternal grandmother always baked dinner rolls and to me, eating it was better than having a piece of cake. Those rolls more than made up for some of her other cooking mishaps.


Our daughter-in-law, Dianna, has to work part of the day on Thursday so I’m fixing an evening meal. I like it that way because I’m not rushed to get everything done by noon or one o’clock. We’re having a traditional meal with roast turkey and all the trimmings.


I hope you have a wonderful holiday and are able to be with your family and loved ones.  I won't be reading much this weekend so look for new reviews next week.